Whether you are a Tenant who is being evicted or a Landlord seeking to recover your property our experienced team can help.
By assisting both Tenants and Landlords for many years in all aspects of Housing law our experienced solicitors are alert to issues from both sides, meaning we can provide the right advice tailored to your particular circumstances. Below is an outline of our services:
Depending on your finances, Legal Aid is still available for some Housing matters and we are the only law firm locally that holds a Legal Aid contract to conduct Housing related work. We help tenants in matters such as:
- defending possession claims
- bringing counter claims
- unlawful evictions
- judicial review
- housing disrepair
- defending an application seeking your committal to prison for an alleged breach of an injunction order
- defending applications for anti-social behaviour injunctions
Whether you have one property as your ‘pension’ or a large portfolio, we can:
- provide advice to ensure compliance with your legal obligations
- assist with preparing tenancy agreements
- draft and serve notices seeking possession
- issue and conduct claims for possession of property
- defend housing disrepair claims
Our objective is to deal with your issue in a friendly and straightforward way using plain English to ensure the best outcome possible.
We believe it is important that each matter is dealt with by an individual solicitor so that you will know who to contact.
We aim to tailor our services to meet your individual needs, whether you want us to help and guide you through the whole process, or simply to advise you on certain aspects of it.
If you have a Housing problem that you wish to discuss or want to find out if you are eligible for Legal Aid simply contact us today.
- Scott Amison – Scott.Amison@dicksonssolicitors.co.uk
- Jonathan Beresford – Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott and Jonathan are assisted by Samantha Purcell
Please telephone 01782 26 24 24 for an appointment or alternatively email our team.
IS LEGAL AID STILL AVAILABLE IN HOUSING CASES?
Following the Government changes in April 2013 the availability of Legal Aid was drastically reduced. Legal Aid is now only available in very limited circumstances to fund Housing Law issues. To check to see if you are eligible you would need to visit the gov.uk website and access the eligibility calculator. This can be found at www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid